Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A new start

Although we felt relief to find a home to rent in Jamestown and move here - it did not come without some issues. Number one - my husbands job. Bob is an engineer for BNSF and moving here was an issue since he is still based in Mandan which is an hour and forty five mins away on a good day with perfect roads. This presented an obvious situatiion of long miles, lack of sleep and driving at all hours whenever he got the call to go to work. Another issue that needed to be addressed soon after the move was my farm animals. My dairy goats and alpaca were being cared for by family friends back home but we needed to figure out a solution to bring them here. Luckily just a few weeks after moving here we were able to find a place where we could board most of my Oberhasili does and buck and the alpaca. I made the deacion to sell the remaining goats that I had. Then there was the kid and school. After breifly considering to put the kids back in public school we decided that the kids had been through enough changes and we would continue to homeschool. Our homeschool group families in Bismarck / mandan had been very generous to provide us with lots of books and supplies and what we didn't have I ordered. We started things off slow. I was very tuned into the fact that we might have a teary day here and there as the kids thought about Belle and Bear and the weight of everything we lost started sinking in. We had some good days and we had some bad days. So we began our lives here at our new home. I was greatful to have a roof over our heads and to able to spend some quaility time with Bob's grandma Lu. Things were coming together and I was starting to breath a little easier. Until the phone call came. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment